BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Music Lover!!!!


MUSIC!!!!! My love, I love to listen to music, to sing, but not to play. There are few types of music for example R&B, hip hop, jazz and instrumental. I love instrumental and R&B. Rhythm and Blues music, or R&B music, was originally termed "race music" and basically included any form of music intended for black audiences. A combination of jazz, gospel, and blues, the term "R&B" was originally coined in the late 1940’s in the United States to be used as a less offensive marketing term. While R&B music has evolved over the years to spawn contemporary genres of R&B sounds, the original genre focused on boogie rhythms and included such famous acts as Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry. The end of World War II produced a surprising call for race music, and the R&B music genre took off as a result.
Today’s contemporary R&B music has a distinctly different sound than its forebears, focusing on pop beats and culture rather than the blues, gospel and jazz sounds of previous generations (though those elements are still sometimes present). In the late 1940’s and into the fifties, R&B groups consisted of brass instruments and woodwinds, as well as drums, piano and vocals. These elements were common in jazz bands, but R&B musicians produced a heavier sound with a steady beat. As the fifties progressed, the genre became notable for its sexually suggestive lyrics and provocative dancing associated with it.
As the genre progressed throughout the decades, R&B music started becoming known as soul music; it was also no longer exclusively made by black artists. White musicians started composing R&B songs, though the genre was still dominated by black artists like Chubby Checker, Sam Cooke, and bands like The Miracles. R&B lyrics still focused on segregation and racial issues like past musical genres associated with black musicians, but arrangement and musical style was becoming more important than lyrical content. Artists like Muddy Waters descended upon Chicago’s south side, the new center of R&B music.
Electric guitars began to play a part in the instrumentation as a result of Waters’ proficiency, and the genre began to evolve once again. As the genre progressed and caught on in society, it helped dispel the commonly held belief that so-called "black" music was for black people only. The genre transcended race relations and survived through extremely tenuous race relations in the United States, and as a result, R&B music carved its own niche in the U.S. music scene.



I learned piano when I was 6 but I failed to finish up. I manage to finish until grade 3 only. I can still play the piano but not the difficult notes. So after that I started to fall in love in singing. I sing in church as a worship leader and I enjoy it so much. I feel very happy when I sing, so when I am not happy I will definitely sing. =).


Everybody love music especially song. I guess that all of us have our favourite singer right? So do I. I love WANG LEE HOM a lot. I love to listen to him singing and I love his song so much. I am his big fan, and I collected his entire album including the concert want. I miss his concert twice because my mum don’t let me go =( I hope he will be doing another concert in Malaysia so that I can get a change to go. I love Lee Hom when I was 11, where is the first time I know him through my cousin sister. He makes me love music, without music there is no life.
He is very talented; he can play a lot of types of musical instrument such as, piano, guitar, violin, drum and a Chinese instrument called ‘Er Hu’. He is an American born Chinese and he is already 32 years old but he still look very young.
I love music because I like to hear but not to play. I sing Chinese song although I don’t know how to write or read it. I am a MUSIC LOVER...


0 comments: